Thursday 17 March 2011

Final Disk Design (CD/DVD)

CD DVD



These are the designs for my CD and DVD for my digipak. I chose to have both discs following the same style, for example both have the artist name in a large, clear font at the top of the disc with the album name underneath. I then chose to have the tracks arcing around the top and bottom of the disc. This allows the audience to know what tracks are on the disc and with the DVD (live footage from a tour and backstage footage) allows them to know what songs were performed on that tour and in what order. This creates an easy accessible navigation for the audience so they can pick and chose what songs to listen to with ease. Also placed on the CD is the artist's website where the audience are able to find out more information about them and weekly news etc.

A copyright notice has also been added, as this is a convention that runs throughout existing CD's and DVD's and therefore helps to create a realistic product.

I also decided to alter the colours slightly on each disc as this allows them to be distinguished from each other whilst still looking part of the same package. This is also a spotted convention of digipak’s and CD/DVD packages.

The CD will cover the inside cover of my digipak with the text, 'FINN' on whereas the DVD will cover the 'ADDICT' cover of my digipak.

No comments:

Post a Comment