Friday 17 December 2010

Digipak Design Sketch Draft



















Before completing the design for my digipak i first decided to draft out the placement of each image and text on the design. I decided that on the front cover i would have one single image taking up the whole of the cover. I then decided that i would have the band name in the top right of the cover and the album name in the bottom left, however this would be in a larger font to ensure that the audience still see it. I decided that i would have both spine's the same and have the band name and album title along the side, next to each other in the same font used on the front cover. I also decided the keep the back cover quite plane, to ensure the album tracks stand out clearly. I decided the place them along the bottom of the page in a bold font.

Within the inside cover i decided to include a pocket where the booklet (containing song lyrics, thank you's etc.) will go. I also decided to place an image in the middle of the cover. This image, as well as all other images used, will keep with the theme of the album. The second inside cover, i decided, would be similar to the first by having an image in the centre of the cover, however the image will be a different one. The third insde cover will also be the same. I also decided to design a layout for the CD/DVD and the space behind each. I decided that behind the CD i would feature the artist name, however the space behind the DVD will remain blank.

I decided to use the same image on the CD and DVD that i have done on the front of the cover, creating a distinguishable link between the two, however on the DVD the colours will be inverted to ensure the audience know which is which.

No comments:

Post a Comment