Thursday 7 October 2010

Genre (Pop Punk) and Target Audience

The song chosen for my music video is the track ‘I'm Lost Without You’ by the pop punk band Blink-182. Pop punk is a music genre that combines elements of punk rock with pop music. The genre can be described as a strand of alternative rock, which typically merges pop melodies with a speedy punk tempo, frequent chord changes and loud guitars that have ‘a radio friendly sheen to their music, but still maintaining much of the speed and attitude of classic punk rock’.
Pop-influenced pop rock as been around since the mid 1970’s but it wasn’t until the mid 1990’s when the California pop punk bands Green Day and The Offspring achieved world wide success that pop punk became popular.


The target audience for my music video will be both males and females aged between 17 and 25. I have decided to aim my music video at people this age as they are not too young, however still at an age where they can relate with the ideas portrayed in my music video. My target audience will predominantly fall within the demographic group C2-E as many of my target audience will be unemployed (due to still being in education) or in a small part time job. Therefore my target audience will be people who are either unemployed/students, semi-skilled and unskilled manual workers and skilled manual workers as some people in their twenties are in full time jobs but are not skilled enough to be classed in the C1 (and above) group.

No comments:

Post a Comment